10.21.2007

new track - nice and easy

New track: "nice and easy". Click on the link to listen to it or find it in the box on the right. (glitched.org will be updated soon.)

Notes:

For this track, I used the Monomachine, G2, and a vst synth, the SQ80L. The dominating synth sound came from the G2. It's a pretty standard subtractive synth sound--it uses 3 oscs, slightly detuned, and a filter. The filter had a little extra "analogness" thanks to some funky trick that I
found on some other g2 patch (sorry, I can't find the patch that I used). There's an LFO controlling the PWM and filter freq, I think.

The G2 synth patch was sequenced by the Monomachine. The arppegiator was employed (random mode, so not every note is repeated in the same order). I used the joystick to control the filter freq and the LFO speed, if I remember correctly. The Mono has a cool "key/scale quantizer" that puts all notes entered into a specific key or scale. I played with that a little bit.

The more traditional-sounding drums also come from the Monomachine.
There's another track, in which some more percussive hits are heavily processed by the g2. The whole thing was recorded live on three tracks, with some editing and fixing done.
Oh, and then there's the soft synth that you hear throughout the tune; that came from this great vst synth, the SQ80L. It's really great but the UI sucks, so it's difficult to make a good sound in a flash.

There you go. More than you ever wanted to know about this song.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home