10.27.2009

two new [d] tracks: "except europa" / "sunridge"

"except europa"

"sunridge"

I will be updating glitched.org this or next week with these two tracks. I really want to do a redesign and move everything to bandcamp.mu (which seems to be the best free solution to get your music out there). Also, it's time to renew glitched.org again, so there may be a couple site hiccups.

Anyway, "except europa" is inspired by the movie, 2010: The Odyssey Continues. I guess this movie is what I'm all about (or what my music is all about): the future, fear of apocalypse, space, the good ol' USSR, and malfunctioning sentient computers. I don't know why, but monoliths compel me to make the eeriest ambient music. All Virus TI Snow, played live.

"Sunridge" is a "found song," in that I had forgotten about it and came back to it, a year after recording. One day I was rummaging around the myriad temporary folders on my harddrive, when I came across a simple, two-track Ableton Live file. Surprisingly, all it needed was a little EQing and editing, and it was done. My friend says it sounds vaguely "Orbitalish", which is never a bad thing; they were among my first influences. I think he says that because the Monomachine's FM machine (dynamic type, I think) is used liberally and is reminiscent of early Orbital tracks. All Monomachine and Machinedrum.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home